The WSET Level 1 wine education class will introduce students, at a basic level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage, and food and wine pairings.
- Duration: 4 Hour classes
- Schedule: Four class days
- Exam to be held separately (If this presents a problem for students traveling from out of town, please reach out to [email protected] at least two weeks before the start of the course.
For individuals wishing to develop their expertise in spirits and liqueurs, you’ll learn about the fundamental production methods and principal raw materials discovering how they are used to make the key spirit styles. You’ll also explore the key practices and principles of serving spirits and the use of spirits in cocktails. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
You will learn:
- How production methods affect the characteristics of spirits and liqueurs
- The characteristics of the principal international spirits and liqueurs
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions. Students failing the exam may retake it for $100.
WSET recommends a minimum of 28 hours of preparation for the exam, 11 hours of which should be independent study outside of class.