As the Texas Wine School teaches about all the wines of the world and their relative strengths and weaknesses, wine cellar management is an obvious extension for us. We have the best all-around knowledge to advise on Cellar Management, whether it is for wine styles, drinkability, or purchasing.
1. For the majority of people the starting point is us coming in and taking inventory of the cellar. If you are starting with no cellar then go to Stage 2.
2. We will sit down with you and discuss what you want from your cellar: main points / objectives are usually:
- What do you like to drink?
- How often do you drink wines from the cellar?
- Are you conservative or adventurous with wine with a view to going forward?
- Do you want Diversify away from one grape variety or region / country.
- Are you looking for immediate consumption or staging wines over 5-10-15-20-25 plus years.
- What is your true budget, what per bottle price range are you targeting?
3. We will look at the wines you already have and create a strategy for your wine cellar going forward with the objectives you outlined in Stage 2. We will break down your cellar by:
We will create graphs so you can easily see what you have, what needs to be drunk and what can be cellared.
4. We will create a report, including your inventory, your objectives, your graphs for each category and our opinions. We will then make suggestions and recommendations on how we can evolve your cellar for the coming years. The end result will be you having outstanding wines for drinking over the next 5-25 plus years.