Whether you are a novice only interested in increasing your wine knowledge for pleasure, or whether you are an active member of the trade wanting to take your career to the next level, The Texas Wine School has a class for you! Many of our classes are one-time classes; a two-hour night out in which you will learn about and taste through a variety of wines. These classes are suitable for students of all skill levels. Each class will introduce and utilize a systematic approach to tasting wine.
Some of our classes lead to a certification. While these are helpful for members of the trade, they are also completely appropriate for hobbyists. These classes typically come with a book and culminate in an exam, and most include tastings (the exception being the Certified Specialist of Wine class). Browse our offerings today!
The Texas Wine School History
- Introduced the Specialist of Texas Wine certification — the first of its kind
- The school now offers WSET Levels 1-3 in Wine, WSET Levels 1 and 3 in Sake, Certified Specialist of Wine, French Wine Scholar, Italian Wine Scholar and Specialist of Texas Wine. The addition of more instructors along with more certification classes is a dual win for the school, with improved quality of teaching and a broader range of course offerings.
- We also moved into a new location, 2301 Portsmouth, which it shares with AOC (Art of Cellaring). The new space allows the school to host private events, and the partnership with AOC facilitates the creation of a broader wine community in which wine experts and novices alike can come together to learn about wine, talk about wine, and share wine with one another.
- Introduced the Italian Wine Professional Certification
- The Texas Wine School is taking leaps and bounds with the introduction of the Society of Wine Educator Certifications (SWE). The SWE Certifications, CSW & CSS, are great additions and a privilege as we are only one of three private schools sanctioned to teach these usually self-study certifications.
- The school has been expanding with classes for all levels & subjects. The result has been an increase in students and an ever widening recognition in the market.
- In the fall, we moved into new, bigger location with two classrooms and triple the size, 2437 Bartlett Street, Houston, 77098
- Offered all the Certification Courses, WSET Levels 1, 2 & 3 & FWS. Very pleasing response considering it is the first time they have been offered. The consumer classes are also a success with Wines of France, Italy & California being the standouts.
- We started the Texas Wine School in the Fall