- Student For ages 21+
· Registration will close when course reaches capacity or the enrollment deadline (February 5, 2020) has passed.
· Please be advised, late registration may incur additional charges for textbook rush order shipment fees.
Prepare yourself for a career in the restaurant, beverage, or food industry with our Certified Sake Adviser course. This course provides the fundamental background knowledge on sake production, history, and types. Students will gain the ability to speak about basic varieties of sake, including popular brands, with confidence.
Note: Students that have obtained Certified Sake Adviser are eligible to enroll in our advanced sake certification course, Certified Sake Sommelier.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
The 1 hour written exam comprises of 100 multiple choice questions covering the textbook and lecture content. Blind tasting exam is not included at the Sake Adviser level.
Note: The examination requires a minimum mark of 75% to pass.
· The history of sake in Japan
· Sake ingredients and brewing processes
· Sake terminology and reading sake production labels
· The principles behind the storage, selection and service of sake
· Overview of sake tasting and analysis
Study Support: All students will receive a review guide for course preparation support.