This is the Wine 101 Wine Course that every beginner should take. It is fun, informative, and only 2 hours!
- Duration: 3 hour classes
- Schedule: 3 consecutive weeks 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
This Introduction to Wine: Wine Foundation Course will introduce you, at a very basic level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage and service and the matching of food and wine.
On completion of the Wine Education Class, Tasting Class, a student will be able to:
- Describe in general terms the main styles of wines available
- Display a basic understanding of the factors that determine the main styles of wine
- Describe in general terms the main characteristics of the principal grape varieties
- State the procedures for the storage of wine
- State the procedures for the opening of wines
- State the social, health, safety and legal issues relating to the consumption of wine
- Produce simple tasting notes using the Level 1 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Understand basic food and wine matching theory