The Level 1, WSET wine education class is for those preparing for, or employees starting, their first job in wine, as well as for consumers looking for challenging wine classes. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
The cost of the class is $250. Included in this cost is a study manual, lectures, guided tastings and the exam. The exam consists of 30 multiple-choice questions. Students who pass the exam will receive a certificate and pin.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.