This enjoyable class gives us all a chance to smell the fruits, spices, and flowers of the “classic” red varieties in a neutral base wine.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Date: September 24th, 7:00-9:00pm
- Signup directly through Chateau de Pommard’s website
Taste the exquisite wines of Château de Pommard from the newly released 2018 vintage, as well as some older favorites, at the Texas Wine School in Houston! Join Château de Pommard Wine Advisor Cedar Stoltenow on a journey to discover the Côte de Beaune and its acclaimed UNESCO-protected World Heritage climats, including Pommard. Compare the multiple expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and travel across the region’s rich maze of villages and terroirs while tasting a selection of Burgundy gems directly from the vineyard.
For those of you joining remotely, your order includes a tasting kit containing 2 oz. pours of each of our featured wines. Tasting kits can be picked up at the Texas Wine School prior to joining the session.
You will have an opportunity to place wine orders for our exclusive wines at the event.
What will I learn?
- About the Côte de Beaune and its regional specificities
- Discover the Burgundy climats and wine classifications
- Understand how Burgundy’s 2000 years of winemaking history has shaped the region
- How natural factors and winemakers influence wine style
- Learn about biodynamic agriculture compared to conventional agricultural
- Hone your wine tasting skills
- Enjoy light hors d’oeuvres to accompany the wines
What will I taste?
- Famille Carabello-Baum Meursault 2018
- Famille Carabello-Baum Chassagne Montrachet “Morgeot” 1er Cru 2017
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Micault 2018
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Chantrerie 2018
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Monopole 2018
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Monopole 2012
- Thursday, September 24th, 2020, from 7pm-9pm
- The Texas Wine School – Houston
2301 Portsmouth Street
Houston, TX 77098
Tel : (713) 828-7767
- $75 per person for in-person tasting
- $55 per person for online tasting
- Limited to 20 attendees for in-person tasting and 20 attendees for online tasting
- For online participants, your tasting kit can be collected from the Texas Wine School between 11am and 6pm on the day of the event. For questions about picking up your wines, contact Walden Pemantle: [email protected] // 610-639-4048